- This event has passed.
Black History Month Festival
February 15 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join us in celebrating the many inspiring accomplishments and contributions of African Americans to our community with music, food and dance at our 11th annual Black History Month Festival.
It’s an event for the whole family that includes:
● Live bands and dance performances featuring Kiara Brown, City of Refuge Choir, Brandon Summers, Molodi, The Lique, Cameron Calloway and many more
● Vegas Golden Knights floor hockey clinic
● Children’s activities including face painting, carnival games, and arts & crafts
● Cooking demos with Vegas Roots Community Garden
● Soul food, cultural art and gift items for purchase
● Historic Black Las Vegas photo exhibit and Civil Rights-era photography
● “Obsidian & Neon: Celebrating Black Life and Identity in Las Vegas”, a photo-narrative exhibition
● “Black Art: Mission or Expression” speaker event moderated by Brent Holmes from Desert Companion starting at 2 p.m.
● And much more!
Event ticket includes free entrance to the Springs Preserve’s museums and galleries, including the Nevada State Museum.
Admission for non-members: $6. Individual and Family members: $5. Bronze, Silver State Pass, Gold and Platinum members receive free admission. Free for children age 2 and under. Military discount available online with discount code and on-site (ID required.)